At The Women's Hospital at Saint Joseph East, our multidisciplinary team makes every effort to accommodate all patient requests. All of our patient rooms are private-keeping the comfort of our patients and families in mind.
Your Hospital Stay - What to Expect
Following recovery in Labor and Delivery, you and your baby will move into one of our private, family-centered care postpartum rooms. Our rooms feature the comfort and amenities of home, including:
- Significantly spacious rooms
- Large shower
- Large comfortable sleeper sofa
- Television with movies and cable programming
- Natural lighting
The Golden Hour- Bonding with Baby
The Women's Hospital at Saint Joseph East emphasizes the "Golden Hour," where the mother spends one hour bonding with her baby directly after delivery. It is encouraged that only mothers and significant others are present at this time; however, other family members can be accommodated as indicated by the parents.
The Women's Hospital at Saint Joseph East excels in patient satisfaction among Central Kentucky hospitals by offering additional services during your stay:
- Certified lactation consultants to assist in breastfeeding
- Room service dining options
- Flexible visiting hours
- Charley's Angels Newborn Photography Studio
- Continuing Care Nursery/Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for newborns requiring additional medical care
- Complementary celebration meal for new parents
To learn more about The Women's Hospital at Saint Joseph East or to schedule a tour of our facilities, call 859.967.CARE (2273).