Senior Renewal Center
As people grow older, they may suffer through many losses - a spouse, family members, friends, health, mobility, status, and sometimes respect from others and ultimately respect for themselves. This sense of loss can be overwhelming as the struggle for control in their lives as it may seem to be a losing battle.
Growing old does not mean emotional despair has to be an acceptable condition of life. The good news is this downward spiral is not a necessary part of life, but a treatable condition that can be reversed. The quality of life can be renewed as the feelings of despair and hopelessness are changed to hope, joy and inner peace. Anxiety, depression, lack of motivation and sadness due to grief and loss issues can be minimized or resolved by effective treatment.
The Need for Senior Care
Senior Adults often face unique emotional problems that can make life abnormally difficult. Some of these problems may include:
- Difficulty coping with change
- Trouble adjusting to retirement
- Deterioration of daily living skills
- Loneliness and isolation
- Crying spells and/or explosive anger
- Debilitating problems with grief and loss
- Feelings of anxiety and depression
- Adjusting to declining physical health
- Negative changes in eating and sleeping habits
- Strained family relationships
- A strong sense of hopelessness often accompanied by suicidal thinking
Saint Joseph -Martin
11203 Main Street
Martin, KY 41649
To make a referral to the Saint Joseph Senior Renewal Center, simply call 606.285.6700.
Our staff will request some initial information and promptly schedule an evaluation for the person being referred. All initial screenings are complimentary. We work closely with referring health care professionals so that timely communications can take place with families, physicians, social service agencies and others.