What is involved in the clinic visits?
Our clinic is staffed by pharmacists with advanced clinical training in anticoagulation management. During your visits to the clinic, you can expect the following:
- Each visit takes approximately 15-20 minutes.
- The pharmacist will discuss the use of Warfarin (Coumadin®) and answer any of your questions.
- The pharmacist will obtain a small blood sample from your finger. This sample of blood will be used to determine how long it takes for your blood to clot (your INR result).
- The pharmacist will make adjustments to your Warfarin (Coumadin®) dose if needed.
- A follow-up appointment will be scheduled.