Birth with Confidence Class
What Happens in a Birth with Confidence Class?
Classes are interactive and informative. Your instructor will thoroughly explain the changes your body will go through and what you can expect during pregnancy, birth and beyond.
A Birth with Confidence childbirth education class is also your opportunity to learn:
- Planning for Birth
- Signs of Labor/Contractions
- Process of Labor
- Role of your support/partner
- What is Pain?
- Relaxation Techniques
- Supportive Birth Environment
- Comfort Measures
- Cesarean Section
- Post-Partum and Your Baby
You'll Participate in a Variety of Exciting Activities:
- No Boring Lectures!
- Fun and interactive activities to help learn about childbirth!
- Time for you and your partner to practice relaxation, labor positioning, and coping techniques.
- Getting to know other expectant mothers and support partners and sharing similar fears and excitements!
- Ask questions in an open & safe environment.
See what others are saying about the Birth with Confidence class:
To become better prepared for our second birth I looked at a few smaller hospitals closer to home. As well as a more in depth birthing class with an emphasis on natural birth. This is where I found the Birth With Confidence Class at Flaget Memorial Hospital. The class taught me to do just that; to have confidence in myself and my body to give birth to a healthy baby. We learned ways to embrace the labor and take it one contraction at a time and utilize tools to work with the contractions instead of fighting through them. Most importantly we learned how to ask our doctor questions. That may sound simple but we all take for granted that what a practitioners does is how a baby is supposed to be born. Don't be afraid to ask about alternatives and what they are open to. We also wanted to have additional support with the labor process so we decided to include a doula as a part of our birth team. She was a wonderful resource even before I went into labor. - Denise (Loretto, KY)
Due to my amazing experiences with the Birthing with Confidence classes I was more educated regarding the birthing process which made me more confident with labor and delivery. Thank you for your help and guidance. - Nikki (Coxs Creek, KY)
We were so blessed to have taken the Birth with Confidence Class because it gave us both the confidence to birth our little girl and deal with the uncertainties that go along with any birth!
- Abby (Bardstown, KY)
Classes are held on Monday nights in 6-week sessions or Saturday mornings in 4-week sessions
Monday classes: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Flaget Memorial Hospital
Saturday classes: 9:00 am - 12:00 noon (unless otherwise noted) at Flaget Memorial Hospital
Instructor: Katrina Sorrell, Prenatal Educator
Upcoming Childbirth Class Schedule:
- September 14th - October 5th (Saturday)
- October 14th - November 18th (Monday)
- November 25th - December 30th (Monday)
- January 11th, 2014 - February 1st, 2014 (Saturday)
- February 3rd - March 10th, 2014 (Monday)
- March 17th - April 21st, 2014 (Monday)
Click Here to Register!